Coffee and Egg is something that you use in your kitchen very frequently. Cooking an egg, making a coffee are the usual ways. Let us think out of the box. What do you think if you add a raw egg into your morning coffee? For some people, it may sound terrible, and if it is for the first time, probably disgusting. But you will not believe that combination is something that will make you go crazy. The magic behind this is, the raw egg extracts the bitterness and the acidity in the coffee and makes your coffee light and smooth. So, let us go deep down into coffee with egg.
Want to know the fantastic nutritional value in the combination of Coffee with Egg?
The founder of Mark’s Daily Apple, Mr. Mark Sisson, says adding a raw egg into his morning coffee keeps him stronger and active throughout the day. Whisking a raw egg and adding it to the coffee makes the beverage smooth, and it is a good alternative as a quick and easy breakfast.
The reason is, an egg is a good source of protein, and they are well known as suitable emulsifiers. And also, an egg is a healthy breakfast food that contains plenty of vitamins and minerals.
Coffee is well known for boosting the metabolism of your body. Especially for the ones who are very physically active, this is a portion of delicious and healthy food for you to have in your breakfast. Plus, this is a good option for the breakfast issues for those who are in a rush. This beverage is suitable for smooth digestion, as well.
Listing out the unknown: a food and beverage content
Coffee with egg is a Vietnamese food beverage. But countries like Sweden, Austria, Thailand, Sri Lanka, and many other people who live in European countries prefer Coffee with Egg.
So, the following are some of the world’s most famous beverages associated with Coffee and Egg.
- Cha Phe Trung (Vietnamese Egg Coffee)
- Scandinavian Style Coffee Brewed With Egg (Sweden)
- Primal Egg Yolk Coffee
- Indonesian Kopi Telur
- Egg Brandy Coffee (Sri Lanka)
- Bulletproof Egg Coffee Latte
- Espresso Zabaglione
Apart from beverages, there are so many spiked desserts made with coffee and egg for caffeine lovers. The following are some of them.
- Coffee Brownies
- Coffee Chocolate Chips Blondies
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coffee Sugar Cookies
- Coffee Walnut Cake
- Chocolate Coffee Cheesecake
Now try out some Coffee with Egg Recipes
Food and beverages associated with coffee and egg are very delicious and authentic. Once you try this, you will have a hard time going back to the ordinary coffee. Plus, you can taste a vast number of items with these ingredients.
There are so many coffees with egg recipes all around the world. Some countries hold their reputation for food and some for beverages. Any way we prepared you some of the most popular food and beverage recipes on coffee with egg try them and taste them.
Cha Phe Trung (Vietnamese Egg Coffee)
- One egg yolk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of condensed milk
- ½ cup of very hotly brewed coffee
How to prepare
- Add the egg yolk and the condensed milk into a small mixing bowl.
Whip them together until it reaches the ribbon stage(at this stage, when the beater lifted the mixture shows a ribbon-like pattern on the surface, and it remains on the surface for a while) using a wire whisk or an electric hand mixer.
- Then take a cup and pour the hot freshly brewed coffee.
- Next, pour the milk-egg mixture that prepared earlier into the cup.
- Now, this is ready for serving. Enjoy well.
Scandinavian Style Coffee Brewed With Egg (Sweden)
- Nine ¼ cups water decided
- ¾ cup freshly ground coffee
- One egg
- 1 cup of cold water
How to prepare?
- Take a coffee pot or a saucepan and pour the nine cups of water. Heat it until the water comes to the boiling point.
- Meanwhile, stir the ground coffee, ¼ cup of water, and the egg together in a measuring cup or a small bowl.
- When the water begins to boiling, pour the egg and coffee mixture carefully into it. If necessary, you can turn off the stove to prevent it from overcooking. Then simmer it for another three minutes. You may see the ground coffee bind with each other and form small masses which floats at the top.
- Immediately get out of the stove and pour 1 cup of cold water to it.
- Keep it aside for about 10 minutes. At that time, the small masses of ground coffee will settle at the bottom.
- Use a stained or a fine-meshed sieve pour the coffee to a cup and serve. (The more you simmer it, the flavor grows up without becoming it bitter.
Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- Three tablespoons granulated sugar
- One large egg
- Two teaspoons vanilla extract
- One and ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
How to prepare?
- First, we have to preheat the oven to 300 Fahrenheit.
- Mix the butter and sugar using an electric hand mixer on medium speed for about 30 seconds.
- Then add the egg and two teaspoons of vanilla extract and beat it for another 30 seconds.
- Take a mixing bowl and add one ¾ cups of all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon of baking powder, ½ teaspoon of baking soda and ½ of teaspoon salt into the butter mixture. Then beat it for about 15 seconds.
- After beating it for 15 seconds, add 1 ½ teaspoon of instant espresso coffee powder, 1 ½ cups of semisweet chocolate chips, and stir it.
- Take the tray of the oven and place a greased cookie sheet on it. Then using a scoop of about two tablespoons drop cookie dough on to the greased cookie sheet ( make sure that each dough is approximately 3 inches apart from each)
- Then using the back of the spoon, gently press down the cookie dough to spread it out into 2 inches.
- Put your mixture to a preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes until it becomes browned around the edges.
So likewise, there are so many recipes of Coffee with Egg all around the world other than the ones mentioned above. Each country has there own ways of flavors, methods, and different techniques. Explore new ones as well. However, try out these awesome combinations of Coffee and Egg. It will energize your body and keep you healthy and will boost you up in no time. So, what are you waiting for?